Church of God In Christ was formally organized as the Haitian Church of God in May 17, 1997. The founding pastor for the church was the Rev. Elisee Ariste. Under the leadership of pastor Ruben Ariste, the name of the church was changed to Church of God In Christ Christian Mission, and incorporated on September 02, 2014.
Church of God In Christ Christian Mission seeks to fulfill the Great commission of Our Lord Jesus Christ "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit..."(Matthew 28 v. 19).
Church of God In Christ Christian Mission is a church of the Lord Jesus Christ in which the word of God is preached, ordinances are administered and the doctrine of sanctification or holiness is emphasized, as being essential to the salvation of mankind. Our church is commonly konwn as being Holiness as pentecostal in nature because of the importance ascribed to the events which occurred on the Day of Pentecost, the 50th day after the Passover, or Easter as being necessary for all believers in Christ Jesus to experience.
Statement of Faith
• We believe without faith it is impossible to please God, therefore we live by faith, but not by sight.
• We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indweling the christians enable to live a holy and seperated life in this world.
• We belive that salvation is totally an act of God's grace that is accessed through faith in Jesus Christ. Man must be born again by receiving Jesus Christ personally in his heart and confessing Him as Lord and Savior (Romans 10 v. 9, 10).
• We believe that the Bible is God Holy Word.
• We believe in the full inspiration of the word of God, verbally and fully inspired and perfect in the original text.
• We believe that all scripture is given by the inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for refroof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
• We believe in God, the Father Almighty, the author and creation of all things. There is one God, who has revealed Himself as Our Father, in His son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit.
• We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, the divine, eternal and only begotten. Jesus Christ is God manifested in flesh. He is both God an Man(Deuteronomy 6 v. 16). Jesus Christ is the second person in Godhead of Triune Godhead. Born of the virgin Mary and lived a sinless life.
• We believe in God the Holy Spirit, in His personality and deity. We believe that He is come to generate, indwell, sanctify, instruct and confort the Saints. He teaches and guide the church into all truth (John 16 v. 3).
• We believe in His atoning death for the sins of the world.
• We believe in His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension to the right hand of the Father to intercede for the Saints, and His visible return to the world in power and glory.
• We believe in the Ordinances of Jesus Christ: Full immersion baptism, (Matthew 28: 19-20; Acts 8: 36-39); the Lord's Super (Matthew 26: 26-30; 1 Corinthians 11: 23-27); Feet Washing (John 13: 14-17).
Teaching of the Church of God in Christ Christian Mission
• The Holy Bible:
We teach the Bible in its entirety. All scriptures is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good deeds (2 Timothy 3: 16-17).
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow, it judges the thoughts and attitude of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account (Heb. 4: 12 -13).
• Relationship of Love:
There is no greater doctrine of the Bible than that of love. Jesus confirmed that an individual is to love the Lord God with all his heart, soul, mind, body, and strenght. God created mankind for the purpose of having a relationship with Him. This love for God is shown by loving our neighbor as ourselves (Matthew 22; 37-39; Mark 12: 30-37).
• Church of God In Christ:
The body of Christ is composed of every blood-washed one. Salvation makes you a member of this divine institution of God that stands above the religious confession of humanly-organized religion (Acts 2: 47; 1 John 3: 8-10). Jesus Christ is the true active head of the church on earth and in heaven (Eph. 1: 22-23; Col 1:18). Christ is the foundation of the church (1 Cor. 12:18, 27-28).
• Unity of God's people:
God has only one church ( 1 Cor. 12: 12-13, 20; Eph. 4: 4-6) and Christ desires that there be unity and fellowship among His children (John 17: 20-23, Gal. 3: 28; Phil. 1:27). For unity to be attained, there must be a coming out of Babylon (Rev. 18: 2,4).
• Salvation from sin:
While all have sinned, Jesus Christ died on the cross that the power of sin might be broken in the hearts, and lives of mankind. There is power through redemption to enable us to live free from sin on a daily basis. "Therefore if any man be in the Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new" (2 Cor. 5:17). To live acceptably before God and to make heaven our home, we must live without sin.
• Infilling of the Holy Spirit:
As it was on the day of Pentecost, there is second work subsequent to justification (Acts 19:2) that every child of God must experience. The Holy Spirit wants to come into every justified individual.The Holy Spirit brings power to the lives of Christians to enable them to be the seperate, called-out, holy people that God desires.
• Kingdom of God:
The kingdom of God is not an earthly kingdom but a spiritual kingdom that has been in existence ever since the coming of Jesus Christ. (Luke 17: 20-21; Rom. 14:17; John 18: 36).
• End Times:
At a time we know not, Christ return to this earth as a thief, in the night (Acts 1:9-11; 2 Peter 3: 10-12). All people, the living and the dead, will stand before the judgment seat of God (2 tim. 4: 1,8; John 5: 28-29; 1 Thess. 4: 16-17; 2 Cor. 5: 10). The righteous shall live in Heaven while the unrighteous live in Hell for eternity (Matt. 25: 31-46). The earth will be destroyed (2 Peter 3:7; Rev. 20: 11-15).
• Divine Physical Healing:
Provision was made for divine physical healing when Christ shed His blood on the cross. divine healing is not something of the past, but it is still available for those who put their faith and the trust in God. God still works miracles in the body as well as the soul (James 5: 13-16; Isaiah 53: 4-5).
The word of God teaches that we must be holy in all aspects of our lives. Holiness must encompass our lives inwardly and outwardly. Without sanctification no man shall see God. This holiness does not come from man's work but it is the work of God within man. (Hebrews 12:4; 1 Peter 1: 15; 1 Thess. 4: 7; Titus 2: 11-12).
• Modesty of dress;
A child of God must not be conformed to this world but rather be a reflection of humility, purity, and simplicity (1 Timothy 2: 9-10; 1 cor. 11: 14-19; deuteronomy 22: 5).
• Sanctity of Mariage:
The scripture teaches that a man and woman, when married are joined for life in the eyes of God. remarriage while the other person is alive constitutes adultery (Luke 16:18; 1 Cor. 7: 10-11, 39).
True worshipers will worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24). Worship services of God's people are not programmed but are led and ordered by the Spirit of the Lord. Christians assembled in the first day of the week (Sunday) (Acts 20:7; 1 Cor. 16:1; Heb. 10:25), and observed the Lord's Supper. Every member partook of both elements (1 Cor. 11: 23-26). They sang spiritual songs (Eph. 5:19; Colossians 3:16); they gave as they had been prospered ( 1 Cor.16:1-2); they prayed together (Acts 2:42), and listened as the word of God was taught (Acts 2:42).